Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harassment from competitor

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harassment from competitor Empty Harassment from competitor Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 am

polvita

Arresto Menor

Hi

Good evening. I have a very simple question, "If my new staff has issues with her previous employer and I, as the new employer is aware of it and decide to keep her, does it have legal implications on me? Do I have legal liability? May pwde po bang habulin sa akin yung dati nyang boss?"

Background is this:

I own a massage parlor and just 500 meters away from me is a waxing salon. I hired a new employee, her name is Maxine, na dating nagtatrabaho dun sa waxing salon na yun. She told me she was not connected to the waxing salon for nearly 6 months na daw but she worked there for two years. Nagkasakit daw kse sya but now na OK na sya, she's looking to find a new job and gusto nya mag apply sa akin, bagong bukas kse ako and she wants to try something else. So tinanggap ko sya.

After about two weeks na nasa akin sya, tinawagan ako nung may ari nung waxing salon at sinabing nag AWOL daw si Maxine sa kanila at nakatali pa ng training bond. So idedemanda daw nila si Maxine. And I should be aware of it. Sabi ko, it's between them and Maxine so please leave me out of it. HIndi ko alam na nag AWOL sya. The owner of waxing salon put the phone down.

A few more days, pinuntahan na kami sa massage parlor ko nung may ari ng waxing salon. May letter na pilit binibigay kay Maxine at para daw sa akin. Wala ako dun nung nangyari. My receptionist declined to sign and receive any letter from her, both for me and Maxine. Ang sabi ng receptionist ko, wala yung may ari and that they can send correspondence to Maxine to her house, not her workplace. Gumawa daw ng scandalo yung owner ng waxing salon saying na may legal liabilities daw ang massage parlor for stealing her employees. May liability din daw si Maxine because of transferring to a competitor, violating the training bond and AWOL.

Can someone give me advice please? Is there a truth to what she said? Even though I did not 100% steal her employee because Maxine was already out of work for 6 months before I hired her, is there a truth to what she said?  May batas ba na bawal mag hire ng empleyado ng competitor mo? If you notice, I do massage and she do waxing. We are not competitors. I dont know why she think we are.

Thanks
Roxanne

2Harassment from competitor Empty Re: Harassment from competitor Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:56 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

You did not steal her employees. And besides, you have no special arrangements with her not to hire her former employees. Kung meron man mga pinirmahan si Maxine na agreements sa previous employer nya, it cannot bind you. Try mo to basahin, baka lang meron napirmahan si Maxine na arrangement with her previous employer. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/must-employment-contracts-hiring-process. But just as I mentioned, such agreements can bind Maxine but NOT you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum