Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mistake on Job Contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mistake on Job Contract Empty Mistake on Job Contract Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Lee

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm employed in a multi-national company and my tenure is still 1 month. Last week, the HR in charge of my onboarding admitted that she made a big mistake on my job contract. The 1st contract was a full-time employee (FTE). After 3 weeks since my official start, the HR realized that I should only be fixed term hire (FTH) for 1.5 years or 2.

I need your assistance how to go through with this. I love the company and the work but my contract error made it complex.

On the legal aspect, what are my options? What can I demand?
I'm thinking if I insist my FTE contract, they will hold it against me since I will still undergo probationary period of six months. If FTH, i don't need to undergo probationary period.

Please assist and enlighten me what to do.

Thank you!

Lee

2Mistake on Job Contract Empty Re: Mistake on Job Contract Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:31 pm

attyLLL

when you say your tenure is still 1 month, you mean that you've been with the company for only 1 month? or there is only 1 month left in your contract?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Mistake on Job Contract Empty Re: Mistake on Job Contract Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Lee

Arresto Menor

Hi attyLLL

I appreciate the quick response.

I have been with the company for only 1 month. I started my employment late August 2010.

After 3 weeks since I started,they notified me about the changes in my contract and admitted it was a mistake on their (HR) end that i was initially offered an FTE (full-time employee) post. Now, they will give me another contract but FTH (fixed term hire) for 1.5 years or 2. But the FTE contract has been signed already by both parties.

I need your thoughts how to handle this. What are my legal options.

Thank you very much!

Lee

4Mistake on Job Contract Empty Re: Mistake on Job Contract Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:54 pm

attyLLL

ultimately, the decision is yours.

what does your FTE contract state? that you are undergoing a probationary period?

a probationary employee enjoys security of tenure during the period of probation which should not exceed 6 months, after which he becomes a regular employee. The same is with a fixed term employee.

you can consider the fixed term, and add a clause that if they absorb you, there will be no longer any probationary period.

whatever you choose, i would advise you to keep your communication in writing, hard copy or email with cc or forward to a personal address.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum