Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Withholding of passport and seaman's book

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1book - Withholding of passport and seaman's book Empty Withholding of passport and seaman's book Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:02 pm

danice08

Arresto Menor

Good day everyone!
Ganito po ang sitwasyon ng father ko:

Nag-apply po sya sa Company A months ago. Natanggap sya pero hindi sya nakaalis dahil sa medical problems.

A few weeks ago, sinubukan nyang mag-apply sa panibagong kompanya (Company B). OK naman ang lahat at ang nire-request na lang sa kanya ay ang passport at seaman's book nya. Bumalik sya sa Company A para i-request na ibalik 'yung passport at seaman's book nya.

Sa tuwing pupunta sya dun ang sagot sa kanya ay "hinahanap pa." "may tatawagan pa bago i-release." or "mag-text na lang po kayo ulit."

More than a week na po ang nakakalipas at ganun pa rin po ang sitwasyon.

May legal action na po bang pwedeng gawin ang tatay ko para makuha na nya 'yung passport at seaman's book nya?

Thank you in advance kung may makakasagot man po nito.

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes.
He will file a complaint at POEA for not releasing his documents.
Technically, his application with Agency A already void because he failed medical requirement.

danice08

Arresto Menor

Thank you for that reply. When I asked the company why they can't release my father's passport and seaman book, they said they 'misplaced' it. They asked for more time to locate the documents. They told me that even though I resort to filing a report to POEA, they said that we don't have anything to prove that the documents are with them.

I only have a recorded phone call with them, but I don't even think that's enough to support our case.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

danice08 wrote:Thank you for that reply. When I asked the company why they can't release my father's passport and seaman book, they said they 'misplaced' it. They asked for more time to locate the documents. They told me that even though I resort to filing a report to POEA, they said that we don't have anything to prove that the documents are with them.

I only have a recorded phone call with them, but I don't even think that's enough to support our case.

Which only proves more that they are or were in possession of the passport.

If they say they misplaced it, then that's enough proof that the document is or was with them.

Go file your complaint with POEA.

http://www.councilviews.com

kolokoy7949

kolokoy7949
Prision Correccional

Can you p.m me the Company name? Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum