Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

the owner of the land died many years ago but the title has not transferred to the hiers yet

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aquaries0805

Arresto Menor

Sir/Madam
Good day po!I hope you can help me with this.
We have bought a land measuring 600m2 and the only thing we have as a proof of ownership is the deed of sale. Ang nasabing lupa po kasi is just a part of a 3 hectares of land na nakapangalan sa lola ng napagbilhan po namin.Ang lola po died many years ago pero di nya naipalipat ang title sa pangalan ng mga anak nya, may kasulatan lamang po na naiwan na nagsasabing iniiwan nya yong lupa sa kanyang mga anak and they agreed to have it divided (verbal agreement). Isa po sa kanila ang nag mamay ari ng lupang nabili namin but he died years before we bought the land kaya po yong mga anak nya nalang ang pumirma sa nasabing deed of sale. is the deed of sale enough para po di kami magkaron ng problema in case na may magbenta man ng title in the future if it is not what are the things that we should do?
Thank you so much po...

iamgabby

Arresto Menor

next time huwag kayo bibili ng lupa, kabuuan man or parte lang nito, na nasa pangalan pa rin ng original na nagmamay-ari na namatay na, na hindi pa rin nagpaghahatian ng mga tagapag-mana or heirs (walang bisa ang verbal agreement lang) at hindi pa napapangalan ang lupa or parte nito sa heirs na nagbebenta nito.

anyways, base sa appreciation ko ng facts ng kwento mo, mukhang walang last will and testament ang namatay na lola. kausapin ninyo ang mga heirs na paghatian na yung lupa at huwag verbal agreement lang:

1. kung papayag silang lahat, ilagay ninyo ang Extrajudicial Settlement of Estates sa isang public instrument at i-file ito sa office of the Register of Deeds of the place where the land is situated.

2. kung hindi lahat ng heirs ay papayag, dapat mag file sila ng action of partition before th RTC of place where the land is situated.

after mahati ng lupa, i-demand mo na ipangalan na sa iyo ang lupang nabili on the basis of the deed of sale. kung hindi sila tutupad, you may have to file a case against them.

Aquaries0805

Arresto Menor

Thank you po for the response. In their case po kasi parang they have no plan in taking action regarding the partition of land, dahil po dyan ok lang po ba na pagawan nalang namin ng extra judicial settlement yong nabili naming lupa for us to be secure?

is anotation in the title an option? If it is, which is better/safer to have an extrajudicial settlement or an annotation in the title?

Thank you so much again. I really appreciate the effort of reading and answering my question.

iamgabby

Arresto Menor

Aquaries0805 wrote:Thank you po for the response. In their case po kasi parang they have no plan in taking action regarding the partition of land, dahil po dyan ok lang po ba na pagawan nalang namin ng extra judicial settlement yong nabili naming lupa for us to be secure?

No, ang extra judicial settlement ay para lamang po sa mga heirs dahil ito po magiging kasunduan nilang lahat sa paghahati ng lupa. Kung may disagreement sila, anyone of them can initiate ang action of partitation before the RTC of the place where the land is situated.

is anotation in the title an option? If it is, which is better/safer to have an extrajudicial settlement or an annotation in the title?

yes, annotation of encumbrance over the land in dispute is also an option to protect your right over land and using the deed of sale, which must be in a public instrument, as a basis of your claim, you can inquire the respective Register of Deeds (RD) on the proper steps to take in this regard.

the only problem i see in this that since hindi pa nga partitioned or nahahati yung lupa, the RD will not be able to determine kung anong part ng kabuuang lupa ang sakop ng annotation sa iyo but definitely the annotation of encumbrance will have its effect on the whole land and will give sufficient notice to any prospect buyer who may be interested and dealt with by the heirs in the future.

as to the question which is a better/safe thing to do, the extrajudicial settlement of the land is a better and more practical option dahil once na may agreement na ng hatian ng lupa ang mga heirs, the RD can now issue new Transfer Certificate of Title sa bawat hatian ng lupa at you can directly ask the RD na ipangalan na sa iyo yung lupang nabili on the basis of the deed of sale na hawak mo.

kung magmamatigas sila, baka mapilitan kang mag file ng kaso sa kanila either to assert your claim over the land or to rescind the sale of the land and compel to return your money with interest.

anyways, in either way, you will need to hire a lawyer to properly assess the facts of your case and plan the proper legal actions.

Thank you so much again. I really appreciate the effort of reading and answering my question.

You're welcome.

Aquaries0805

Arresto Menor

if ever po..magkano po ang magagastos sa extra judicial or sa annotation? Thank you so much again..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum