Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Water bill due to main line leak (after the meter): Who pays? Lessee or lessor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

grace817

Arresto Menor

We reported a minor toilet leak first week of January to the lessor. After a few days, a plumber came but only to check the leak. On January 21, the plumber returned and repaired the leak, but informed that there is leak in the main line since the meter was still running. Then, the bill came--PHP 5000+. At this point, we also learned that lessee next door also had huge water bill. The lessor refused to help us with the bill as she will spend a lot on repairs, too. On January 25, the plumber came with 3 others to replace the water line starting from the meter to the house.

I know that the lessor should be responsible with the main water line repairs, but what about the bill? Our water bills only averaged PHP250 a month (based on 3 years rent). PHP5000 water bill for a month is too expensive? Who should pay? What do we do?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum