Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage or divorce not reported

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marriage or divorce not reported Empty Marriage or divorce not reported Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Tandag1025

Arresto Menor

My wife's first marriage and divorce was not reported to the Philippines . The divorce was filed by the foreign alien spouse and was granted . I read Art. 26 which allows a Filipino to remarry if a foreign alien spouse files and is granted the divorce thus allowing them to remarry the same shall be with the Filipino .

Now we were married in the Philippines with my wife's cenomar of single . Thus the single was put as the civil status on the marriage certificate . Are we legally married or is it null and void due to the first marriage not being recognized by the Philippines courts ? is there a way to report the first mariage and divorce without effecting our current marriage ?

Need help on what to do . We also have a petition wiht USCIS and am afraid our marriage is not valid thus giving us a denial .

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum