Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

work related accident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1work related accident Empty work related accident Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:00 pm

theb

Arresto Menor

We have an employee who encountered an accident, his 3 fingers were cut. The company took care of his hospital bills, SSS & EC, even the accident insuranance even his physical therapy to be able to move his fingers and after his leave he would be allowed to go back to work. However he would like to request for prosthetic fingers, is the company still obligated to provide him such? Or have we given already what is due to him?

2work related accident Empty Re: work related accident Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:42 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Not necessarily. It is already the company's discretion because in the ECC and SSS, it only covers leaves and surgeries. But if your employer can afford, why not. If you are an HR, you could always fight for the rights of your employees. Like one instance in my previous company where our master electrician was electrocuted that cause his right arm to be amputated. I requested for prosthetic. I argued that he as a good employee, I backed up his performance evaluation and contributions. and I'm happy it was approved.

3work related accident Empty Re: work related accident Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:51 pm

theb

Arresto Menor

Actually, if he was a good performer I would have but there were also several instances that he was also not following instructions and most of the employees are saying that he was always seen sleeping.  There was also a previous incident that happened that they did not really do anything, I wouldn't want that to become as something that they would always ask the company of.

4work related accident Empty Re: work related accident Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

If that is the case, it's really up to the management to extend more help. But you can opt not to since you have already given him SSS, ECC, company help and insurance. Anyways, SSS will still continue to give him monthly allowance for partial disability. If I'm not wrong, it is P3,000 per month. Just enroll him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum