Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RA 9262. Can I file a case in behalf of the victim?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aldztrust

Arresto Menor

Hello:

My mother is widow for 10 years. She has live in partner for 4 years. Recently, we learned that they got married without informing me and my siblings. She is retired from government work this year and I suspect the man married her for the purpose of pocketing the money. Now my mother is restricted from spending the money because the man is holding the money and wont release it unless he consented.

I have three siblings who are in dire need of financial assistance and my mother cannot give them the needed money because this man always object to the idea of giving financial assistance.

One sibling also observed that my mothers decisions are always influenced by this man. Whenever my mother has any decision or ideas that this man does not like or opposed to, he will resort to childish behavior of walking away. My mother has no choice but to heed his wishes just to avoid conflict.

To make my story short, here are my questions:

1. Based on my narrative about the behavior of my mother, is it possible that he being subjected to emotional violence by controlling her emotions to influence her decision and also controlling the financial capability of my mother? As of now, we find it hard to contact her since man owns the cellphone.

2. My mother won't admit that she is under the control of this person since she believes that she the one educated and knows how to deal with the situation. Can we file a case on behalf of her?

3. If we have grounds that she is indeed subject to some kind of manipulation, what case should we file?

Note: all of us, siblings, are of legal age to date.

This is all for now. I'm hoping someone would shed light on this.

Thanks!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum