Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Marriage Child Acknowledgement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Marriage Child Acknowledgement Empty No Marriage Child Acknowledgement Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 am

jhef

Arresto Menor

my situation right now is that my girlfriend is pregnant and i am under petition to migrate to US..so i cant marry her not until i became a US citizen

my question is can i acknowledge our coming child for our baby to use my surname and be my legitimate child??Question 

or is there a way to process illegitimacy to legitimacy:?: 

2No Marriage Child Acknowledgement Empty Re: No Marriage Child Acknowledgement Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:46 pm

P.Law

Arresto Menor

You can acknowledge your coming child either thru public document ( ikaw ang magprocess ng birth certificate registration- they can send the papers to the US if nandun ka na para mapirmahan mo - you can also have it notarized sa consular office ng Phils. - and send it back sa Pilipinas.) or private document -( like  your personal handwritten letter acknowledging the child etc.)

As for the legitimacy - if the only legal impediment for you and your gf to get married is your minority (below 18 yrs. old) at the time of her pregnancy - pwede ang legitimation process - meaning pag nagpakasal kayo magiging legitimate status ng anak nyo -( sa civil registrar lang ginagwa ung process).
Legitimation  is possible if neither of you nor your gf is already married.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum