Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination for 1day's absence?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Termination for 1day's absence? Empty Termination for 1day's absence? Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 pm

dodong_juan

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Hello po, sir, I have been working with my present company for 11months now, and noong august 19, 2013 nag file po ako ng Vacation leave for Sept 1, 2013. August 31, I called our office to get an update sa VL ko, but I was told na pending pa daw, since I was out of town, I informed them na hindi ako makaka pag work on sept1.

Sept 1 came, and I got a call from our office saying na denied daw your VL request ko, now they are threatening to terminate me for not giving them an advance notice for my absence.

yung nag apply po ako for that leave on August 19th, di po ba yun ma consider na notice? and can they terminate me for 1day's absence?

PS. I asked for a copy of the notice of termination but di ako binigyan, they said confidential daw.

Please I need your advise... Thank you po, and God Bless.

2Termination for 1day's absence? Empty Re: Termination for 1day's absence? Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 am

tatan1712

tatan1712
Arresto Mayor

You can write the HR manager and ask if the information given to you by the HR staff is correct. Request that you be given a feedback within 5 days from receipt of the letter.

Generally, you cannot be terminated for being absent for one day. A notice of the offense charged and notice of termination are not confidential docs.

Btw, what is the nature of your work?

3Termination for 1day's absence? Empty No termination Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 am

rhon080281

Arresto Menor

what is the nature of your work? does your absence and missing a day work is detrimental to your company?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum