Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TERMINATING EMPLOYEES BECAUSE OF DRUG TESTING

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

randyella

Arresto Menor

My company recently conducted a mandatory drug test in our company and there are aroundd 60 plus who were found to be positive for using shabu and marijuana, mostly are Project Workers. Now I want to know the following:

1) Is it legal that these project workers (contractual basis) be dismissed because they were found positive?

2) Can we still say that the procedure is legal even without confirmatory testing conducted by DOH accredited Clinic.

3) If they were found positive both in Screening & Confirmatory Testing, do we need to issue an Explanation Letter from the Employee.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

1. To be safe, just suspend them according to your company regulations.

2. You should give them NTE first but confirmatory testing is a must

3. Yes

randyella

Arresto Menor

If the project employee has already expired his contract do they still need to issue a termination letter?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum