Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

resolution of minutes...HELP!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1resolution - resolution of minutes...HELP! Empty resolution of minutes...HELP! Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

harveigh

Arresto Menor

Good evening atty!
I just want your advice on this:
I'm the newly appointed secretary in our church organization and it is all over visayas and mindanao. I replaced the secretary who just passed away and she was the only one who knew the previous records and the flow of everything. The bulky files were handed to me and I was totally puzzled since there's no soft copy of everything. The head of the org asked me to review the previously passed resolutions so that it will never be new resolutions again. My question is, was the resolution passed, like more than 20 years ago be considered effective if there would be same motion raised today?...and how long should the resolution will last?...(just to give you the info, the minutes dates include as early as 1980) You're advice would help us a lot. thanks! GOdbls.

2resolution - resolution of minutes...HELP! Empty Resolution of minutes Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 am

isellnuts

Arresto Menor

I am the assistant secretary and at the same time chairman of the board of trustees of a peoples organization.

I am always in  constant communication with our president so whatever important topic/s that she wants to be discuss in our next monthly meeting I always jot down so that when I print a hard copy of the agenda she will go through it before having it photocopied and will be distributed to the attendees. The minutes of the previous meeting duly approved and signed by the president is always attached to the new meeting agenda.

I do all the write up of all communications and board resolutions.
Minutes of meeting are dated and there must be copy of an attendance sheet with the names and signature of the attendees. Whenever there is a meeting there must be written agenda. As meeting progresses you must write down the result of the discussion so that you won't get lost when making the minutes of the meeting. hard copies of the minutes of meetings are filed chronologically the most recent always on top. You must identify folder like 2013 minutes of meeting. Soft copies must be save in the same manner in folder created and also saved in a USB. An example is "AUG 15 2013 MINUTES OF MEETING" so everytime you access the file you know which file to open and can reprint.

In the same token with board resolution, the heading is always  numbered like
"BOARD RESOLUTION NO. 010 S2013". Board resolution are numbered chronologically and filed in folder same as the minutes of meeting. Again soft file identified and saved like the minutes.

Board resolutions are effective as the situation warrants it or amended to address a problem or situation. Like your appointment as secretary maybe there was a board resolution.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum