Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

rank and file vs. managerial

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1rank and file vs. managerial Empty rank and file vs. managerial Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:59 pm

employeerelation

Arresto Menor

hi,
i would like to ask, an employee (rank and file) expresses his intention to file a complaint against a managerial employee regarding the latter's attitude towards his subordinates. He was advised to make a formal written complain with signature of all employees who support the complaint and forward it to the Administration Department. According to the employee if Administration Department fail to address the complain they will bring the complain to DOLE.
Questions:
1. Was the employee properly advised about the making of report/complain?
2. Can the employee be given sanction for gathering the signatures of other employees who support the complain?
3. What could happen if the complaint was forwarded to DOLE? Will the company be held liable?
4. What can you advise to the company for its proper actions?

Thank you very much and looking forward to your response.

2rank and file vs. managerial Empty Re: rank and file vs. managerial Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:46 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Yes. But if you have a union, it's much better if you course it through the union
2. It depends how you drafted your letter and what evidence did you support, and if the manager filed a counter-complaint
3. Most likely, you be have a SENA hearing. It depends what will be the outcome
4. If I were the company's HR, I would set a mediation meeting between the employee and the manager.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum