Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land Case - Legal Opinion Needed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAND - Land Case - Legal Opinion Needed Empty Land Case - Legal Opinion Needed Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 am

EdCazini

Arresto Menor

Hi, please I need your expert legal opinions.

My father has a pending land claim case, he is now 89 years old. The title is in the name of his grandfather, he just represents the rest of the heirs via verbal authority. He got the OCT thru another case in the 60's but since the current occupant is a government authority, the case has dragged for the last 22 years. In fact his lawyer is already dead & the judge has retired.

Our present predicament is another claimant, purporting to be the son & rightful heir of a namesake of my father's grandfather (this cannot be my father's grandfather because this claimant is much younger than my father), has filed a lost title & been granted a copy, thereby putting an "annotation" in the title in the RD records.

Our question is whether this grant (by another judge) of the copy of the title is legal when in fact the there is a previous annotation of the RD's copy that the title is in the hands of my father. What shall we do to nullify that claim and/or annotation? Our present lawyer, son of the previous lawyer who died suggests we file a case. Our contention is that this should never had happened if the judge who granted the issuance copy of the title & our lawyer were aware & vigilant.

Please help. Thanks

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum