Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

what to do?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what to do? Empty what to do? Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:44 pm

letta

Arresto Menor

my friend used my checks and issued to people i don't know, worse some checks bounced and my account closed. can i be charged with estafa even if i didn't personally handed these checks to the people

2what to do? Empty Re: what to do? Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

attyLLL

why did your friend have your checks? was your signature forged? or you issued them in blank?

on its face, yes, you can be charged for bouncing checks. your defense can be that they were issued to them without consideration for their value.

as for estafa, you can not stop them from filing a criminal case against you, but you have a good defense that you were not who gave them the checks.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3what to do? Empty what to do? Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:38 pm

letta

Arresto Menor

thank you... I gave her my blank checks with my signature (!stupid if you think about it but its a long story why i did that)... needless to say, my friend was able to fund checks at first. Can I file a complaint against her for misrepresenting me and for using the checks for purposes other than the reason we agreed on. She used these checks as 'collateral' and issued them to loan sharks whom I have not met nor talked to.

4what to do? Empty Re: what to do? Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 am

attyLLL

letta, even if it's a long story, you have to explain why you gave your friend the checks and why they were blank. this will be the basis of your defense. good luck

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum