Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

wife's trouble, husband's obligation?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Empty wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:46 pm

majin

Arresto Menor

Hello Atty...I would just like to ask if for example i have a estafa case for 3 years and I cant pay for the whole amount that they demand from me, and thats because my husband doesn't want to help me with my problem, plus the fact that i have no income, can they sue my husband to court? and maaapektuhan po ba ang ang pag-aabroad niya at posible po bang di siya makaalis? the legal representative told me that if my husband doesnt want to help me, they will file a case against him... thanks for the immediate reply sir God bless....

2wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Empty Re: wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 am

zulfikarl

lawyer

That's not possible. Estafa is a criminal offense. A criminal penalty is "personal in nature". Civil liability, on the other hand, may be charged against the community properties of the spouses if the debt has redounded to the benefit of the family.

If it is only a civil liability, it will not affect your husband's plan of going abroad.

3wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Empty Re: wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am

majin

Arresto Menor

zulfikarl wrote:That's not possible. Estafa is a criminal offense. A criminal penalty is "personal in nature". Civil liability, on the other hand, may be charged against the community properties of the spouses if the debt has redounded to the benefit of the family.

If it is only a civil liability, it will not affect your husband's plan of going abroad.

thanks so much po.....one more question atty, can i possibly go to hongkong or singapore for tour only even if i have an estafa case? i was not able to get an nbi clearance because of this....

4wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Empty Re: wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am

zulfikarl

lawyer

You can travel abroad if there was no hold departure order issued against you. Not everyone who is facing a criminal case has a hold departure order. I suggest you have it checked to make sure.

majin

Arresto Menor

zulfikarl wrote:You can travel abroad if there was no hold departure order issued against you. Not everyone who is facing a criminal case has a hold departure order. I suggest you have it checked to make sure.

thanks atty.....last na po.....where can i check po about the hold departure order?

zulfikarl

lawyer

Inquire at the DOJ.

majin

Arresto Menor

Salamat po ng marami attorney! God bless you!

attyLLL

majin, you should also check at the bureau of immigration. it is under the doj and is the agency tasked to enforce an hdo.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

majin

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:majin, you should also check at the bureau of immigration. it is under the doj and is the agency tasked to enforce an hdo.

thanks po sir, can i ask the exact location po? eto po ba yung sa faura o pedro gil?

10wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Empty Re: wife's trouble, husband's obligation? Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:33 pm

attyLLL

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=129&Itemid=73

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum