Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do contractors follow the Philippine Labor Code?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just.Me

Arresto Menor

I am a contractor for an international IT company and as such, am told that I am not entitled to any of the benefits as set out in the Labor Code for employees. My status has been same for 10 years and yet I have no healthcare, OT compensation, tax withholding and SSS (both of which I pay 100%). While I do get the public holidays off, it's insinuated that I am not actually not entitled to them and so I should count it a privilege that I'm allowed to take these days off. I accept fully if contractors have no rights but I just wanted to check. My contract can be terminated at anytime (on either side) and is never renewed.

Thank you.

attyLLL

if you are truly a contractor then they are right, but shouldn't you be issuing receipts to them? but it sounds more like a scheme to keep you from being a regular employee.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum