Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unpaid BDo credit card--

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unpaid BDo credit card-- Empty unpaid BDo credit card-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:25 am

ceillo

Arresto Menor

hi atty.. nid ko din po sana ng advice..regarding my bdo credit card..last yr po may mail na dumating sakin,at yon ang yung bdo credit card. nagulat ako ksi hindi nmn po ako nag apply ng credit card..bakit sila nag issue sakin. nagamit ko po ung credit card at ngyon po lagpas na po ako sa credit limit..ung head ofc po ng BDO sa manila ang ng issue sakin ng credit card, samantalang nsa region6 nmn po ako.kelangan ba nila ako e force na bayaran ko ung balance ko?.in fact wala nmn akong panirmahan na application form sa knila?may laban po ba ako sa court if ever??.....pls advice me...thnx

2unpaid BDo credit card-- Empty Re: unpaid BDo credit card-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:08 pm

zulfikarl

lawyer

@ceillo

This is what they call as a pre-approved credit card. These credit cards companies have an access to data base where they get a list of prospective clients.

Contracts are generally consensual i.e. they are perfected by mere consent of the parties. That is why there is such a thing as a valid oral contract. When you activated the card, it was the act that signified your acceptance of the offer. From then on, a contract was perfected between you and the credit card company.

If you have difficulty paying your obligation, you can contact them and enter into a negotiated settlement where you may be granted certain concessions such as extending the paying period or waiving of the interest depending on how good you are at negotiating.

Finally, credit cards are spending tools not savings tool. It makes you spend beyond your means. If you don't really need it, better not have it.

3unpaid BDo credit card-- Empty Re: unpaid BDo credit card-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 pm

ceillo

Arresto Menor

thnx atty..
another question po, wat if po ung ibinabayad ko po monthly is not enough for my minimum payment? do they have to summon me?

4unpaid BDo credit card-- Empty Re: unpaid BDo credit card-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 pm

zulfikarl

lawyer

"another question po, wat if po ung ibinabayad ko po monthly is not enough for my minimum payment? do they have to summon me?"

It is the court that issues summons. Most credit card companies do not file collection cases because of the attendant hassles in litigation. If the interest is too much (e.g. 6% per month), you can ask the court to reduce it for being unconscionable. If you only pay the minimum, the interest will pile up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum