Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card Utang

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Credit Card Utang Empty Credit Card Utang Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 pm

man_steel1988@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Sir,

Ask ko lang advice, meron akong di binayarang credit card mga P50K lang yun last year pa. Then may pumunta na pulis sa haus at barangay harrassing my parents to pay. sinabi na ng parents ko na wala ako maibabayad at wala rin silang maibabayad. Nananakot sila na mag file ng warrant of arrest. May nakukulong ba sa di pag bayad ng credit card. sinabi naman ng parents ko walang pera to pay, pero patuloy pa rin ang pananakot nila. Mag file daw sila ng estafa. Thanks for the advice.

2credit - Credit Card Utang Empty Re: Credit Card Utang Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:47 pm

man_steel1988@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Di ba po ang estafa kung may issue ako sa kanilang check

3credit - Credit Card Utang Empty Re: Credit Card Utang Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 am

zulfikarl

lawyer

That's just pure harassment and intimidation. No one goes to prison for non-payment of debt. You can charge them with Unjust Vexation.

4credit - Credit Card Utang Empty Re: Credit Card Utang Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 am

man_steel1988@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Sir thank you very much. Sir another question, can they issue hold departure order for not paying the credit card. What charges can they issue on me? thanks again

5credit - Credit Card Utang Empty Re: Credit Card Utang Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:56 am

zulfikarl

lawyer

There can only be Estafa if the check was paid simultaneous with the creation of the debt. In other words, they agreed to let you borrow money because you issued a check to them. However, if the debt was already existing upon payment of the check and the check bounced, there is no Estafa but you can be charged under BP 22 (Bouncing Checks Law) which is a Special Penal Law.

For non-payment of your debt per se, you cannot go to prison for it. However, for paying an insufficiently funded check, it is a criminal offense and you can go to prison if convicted.

Moreover, hold departure order is usually issued for those facing criminal prosecution for serious criminal offense because the likelihood of flight is strong.

6credit - Credit Card Utang Empty Re: Credit Card Utang Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 pm

attyLLL

just don't suddenly change address or workplace without informing the credit card company or else there will be a presumption that you intended to defraud the company under the access device regulations act.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum