Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temporary Restraining Order

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Temporary Restraining Order Empty Temporary Restraining Order Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 pm

nonoy12

Arresto Menor

Hi I am not a law practitioner nor am I studying law. I just want to ask this query, I hope you guys can answer this.

What is the effect of a TRO? Then if an act is punishable under a specific law however this law is under TRO, is that ACT considered a CRIME?

Thanks everyone.. Very Happy

2Temporary Restraining Order Empty Re: Temporary Restraining Order Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

The effect of TRO will depend on the prayer of the parties asking for it. For example, for cybercrime law, a petitioner wanted to stop the implementation of the that law, they need to file a TRO together with their petition. Having said that, there is an effect that there is no law until all issues are cleared up.

In your question, the act is not considered a crime as there is no law punishing it when the TRO is effected. Basic in criminal law that one cannot be punished with an act if there is no law punishing on such act.

3Temporary Restraining Order Empty Re: Temporary Restraining Order Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:53 am

nonoy12

Arresto Menor

shad_marasigan wrote:The effect of TRO will depend on the prayer of the parties asking for it. For example, for cybercrime law, a petitioner wanted to stop the implementation of the that law, they need to file a TRO together with their petition. Having said that, there is an effect that there is no law until all issues are cleared up.

In your question, the act is not considered a crime as there is no law punishing it when the TRO is effected. Basic in criminal law that one cannot be punished with an act if there is no law punishing on such act.

Thank you atty shad..

4Temporary Restraining Order Empty Re: Temporary Restraining Order Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:18 pm

nonoy12

Arresto Menor

Atty, is that without prejudice if the TRO is lifted soon?

5Temporary Restraining Order Empty Re: Temporary Restraining Order Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

generally the order to lift is without prejudice as to the rights or claims of a party.

6Temporary Restraining Order Empty Re: Temporary Restraining Order Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm

aamiro

Arresto Menor

hi . need your help . what are those requirements needed to import goods ? thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum