Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice on property taxation avoidance and consequences

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dave Roberts

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have a property in Mabalacat. The property was owned by my parents, my mum has since passed away and my father has desserted us. I purchased the house last year.

The City of Malabacat have now sent me a letter from Public Notary saying that my parents never paid tax on the property for 25 years.

They are now claiming that I need to pay P189k in back dated tax, by 25th Feb or there are going to be serious consequences.

Can anyone please advise me on what options I have. They say that they can split the debt across two payments though money is tight at the moment. Can they really do this in such short notice ?

Last edited by Dave Roberts on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated details)

2taxation - Advice on property taxation avoidance and consequences Empty so what happened? Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:20 pm

elektra

elektra
Arresto Menor

i have a similar case. Only my parents are not dead yet.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

It's like that even when the seller and buyer aren't related.
Property related Depts follow the PROPERTY UNDEPENDING of who is owner.
For instance electric too !!!

Earlier it was common Registrators let it pass/didn't though of it,
but now they are suppoused to NOT approve the owning transfer before depts are paid. (I'm sure about taxes. I don't believe it's like that for electric and such, but the new owner will be responcible for depts for electric anyway.)

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

There is provision under the local government code limiting the unpaid real property tax collection to only 5 years (not sure about the period) back taxes, so your taxes might get lower.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum