Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dual Filipino-American Citizen getting married

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mas

Arresto Menor

Can somebody give me advise...

I am Filipino-American Citizen

I am waiting for my "Recognition of Divorce Abroad" decree filed in Pasay RTC

Can I just go to a city hall and get a marriage license/get married now and just declare that I am "only american citizen" and not declare my dual citizenship?

Replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

jd888

It is generally considered that while dual nationals are in the country of which they are citizens that country has a predominant claim on their allegiance. You are bound to obey the Policies of Philippine Laws while you are on your Mother Country. Meaning, you are more of a Filipino than American when your foot is in Philippine Soil. Try to consult this with the US Embassy first; do not do fast decisions here, kindly wait for your "Recognition of Divorce Abroad" result. As with Americans who possess only U.S. citizenship, dual national U.S. citizens owe allegiance to the United States and are obliged to obey its laws and regulations. Such persons usually have certain obligations to the other country as well. Although failure to fulfill such obligations may have no adverse effect on dual nationals while in the United States because the other country would have few means to force compliance under those circumstances, dual nationals might be forced to comply with those obligations or pay a penalty if they go to the country of their other citizenship. In cases where dual nationals encounter difficulty in a foreign country of which they are citizens, the ability of U.S. Consular Officers to provide assistance may be quite limited since many foreign countries may not recognize a dual national's claim to U.S. citizenship.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

mas

Arresto Menor

Thank you JD888.. i will put this in mind.

jd888

Your patience will be tested by this situation; the victory is more sweeter when it surpassed all obstacles. Keep your chin up, you will be alright. Clear your thoughts with worries.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

mas

Arresto Menor

I'm trying my very best... thank you so much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum