Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Contract - Lessor vs Tenant

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Contract - Lessor vs Tenant Empty Breach of Contract - Lessor vs Tenant Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 am

cebuboy

Arresto Menor

Can I just ask your humble opinion about the situation that my Family is currently in.

We have a tenant who rented a property from us, the contract is for 15 years, let say, the monthly rental fee is 10K per month, and just out of nowhere the tenant stopped paying the fees for various reasons. Now, the case is currently on going although naka 3 judge na ito at lagi nilang ipa inhibit ang sinumang judge na uupo.

My questions are as follows:

1. How long does it normally take to settle case like this? I understand this is under obligations & Contract and may take years before it will get settled, but I want an honest opinion from legal experts.
2. This case has been running for 10 years now without resolve, from one judge to another, they always find a way so the case will prolong and hoping that we will give up. There was a time that the court decided to sheriff some of their properties which indeed happened, however, after a while, they stopped payment again.

3. I understand the Client-Lawyer confidentiality, but the family begin to doubt about the sincerity of this lawyer as he seem to be just reactive about the case, imagine, this case has been on going for 10 years and still nothing is resolved, now, the attorney is asking for additional fee as he has an assistant who helped them on the case, is this proper and legal? Our lawyer is asking for additional 30K on top of the 10% that he gets everytime there is partial settlement.

4. Can we move the case into another court if we feel that nothing is happening with our case?

5. is 10 years usual for obligations and contract case?

Hope you can shed light as to us, the family think, aside the tenant is trying to play with the law, our lawyer seems to be akin of doing the same as long as he gets his professional fee?

I would appreciate any reply.

Thanks . . . .

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum