Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tardiness Issue brought up after submitting resignation letter.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

danelle98

Arresto Menor

Hi! I'm posting this in behalf of an ex-colleague.

She tendered a resignation letter on August 9, with effective date of September 28. The company's General manager at first said they will withold her salary for August 31st and Sept 15th, but later on changed the decision and gave my friend her salary for August 31st.

Then last week, the GM told my friend that she is in danger of dismissal because of her tardiness. She has a total of 12 tardiness (for the whole year). My friend then received the 1st and 2nd memo regarding her tardiness last week. We fear that the 3rd one will indicate her dismissal already.

Our questions are:
1. Can the company really dismiss my friend, even though the memos are long overdue? i mean, they should've given the 1st memo during the 3rd offense, as stated in the company's manual.

They just brought up the tardiness issue when my friend submitted the resignation letter.

2. What can my friend do to avoid the dismissal since this will put her in a bad light. Can she make an immediate resignation, or should she follow the effective date of her resignation letter?

Please help..this is the same company who had been forcing promotions on people!

Last edited by danelle98 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)

attyLLL

that's pretty vindictive. she should focus on her written explanation; perhaps there was justification for some of them.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Ridiculous act of the employer.
That's clearly RETALIATIONS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum