Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would physical, emotional, psychological and verbal abuse be a ground for annulment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Broken_into_Beautiful

Arresto Menor

Hi, I am married for almost 8 years with 2 wonderful kids. I had a short engagement before marrying my husband. I told him about my past and everything that he needs to know about me. After the wedding, I realized he can not accept the fact that I had purity issues. He started with emotional and psychological abuse since he would not talk to me for reason I do not know.

Later on, with so much fights and misunderstanding, he started going physical. I was also fighting back. To a point when he drag me out of the car and publicly humiliate me. Right now, we decided to part ways, I was also scared to continue living with him coz I do not know what he is capable to do. I need to be strong for my kids.

Would this abuse/psychological incapacity be a ground for annulment?

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Broken_into_Beautiful wrote:Hi, I am married for almost 8 years with 2 wonderful kids. I had a short engagement before marrying my husband. I told him about my past and everything that he needs to know about me. After the wedding, I realized he can not accept the fact that I had purity issues. He started with emotional and psychological abuse since he would not talk to me for reason I do not know.

Later on, with so much fights and misunderstanding, he started going physical. I was also fighting back. To a point when he drag me out of the car and publicly humiliate me. Right now, we decided to part ways, I was also scared to continue living with him coz I do not know what he is capable to do. I need to be strong for my kids.

Would this abuse/psychological incapacity be a ground for annulment?

Hi Broken_into_Beautiful.

Physical abuse is not one of the grounds for annulment. However, if you can show that his behavior is caused by his history/environment, and such behavior has been existing even before marriage it may be considered as psychological incapacity, which is a ground for declaration of nullity of marriage. All you have to prove is the fact that such behavior renders him incapable to perform the basic marital obligations.

For more free legal information about declaration of nullity of marriage, please visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum