Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bringing sex toys back as personal effects into the Philippines

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ayosh

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney,

Please forgive the personal nature of this inquiry, however I believe after searching the internet, that this thread may remain as the only reliable source of information on the topic.

I am currently living overseas and will be returning by air to the Philippines soon and would like to bring my considerable collection of sex toys back with me. This is for personal use, not for any commercial purpose.

I have heard that it's illegal to import sex toys into the Philippines, however not illegal to possess them once you are inside the country. I assume this law is in regards to commercial intent. I also assume it is ok to bring them back with me as personal effects, however, I really do not want to have any matters of legality arise with customs should they check my luggage when I return.

Can you clarify the exact legality regarding my possession of sex toys while passing through customs?

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration on this very personal matter.

Ayosh.

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

I doubt it's allowed as they are conservative and primitive although there are lots of rapist! Why bother? There's lots of real one there! Very Happy Kidding! Twisted Evil
They recently captured foreigner with sex toys and was shown on their TV news, do you want to be on their TV news for popularity? Shocked
Just order it when you go back there, leave your old ones where you are now! Laughing

ayosh wrote:Dear Attorney,

Please forgive the personal nature of this inquiry, however I believe after searching the internet, that this thread may remain as the only reliable source of information on the topic.

I am currently living overseas and will be returning by air to the Philippines soon and would like to bring my considerable collection of sex toys back with me. This is for personal use, not for any commercial purpose.

I have heard that it's illegal to import sex toys into the Philippines, however not illegal to possess them once you are inside the country. I assume this law is in regards to commercial intent. I also assume it is ok to bring them back with me as personal effects, however, I really do not want to have any matters of legality arise with customs should they check my luggage when I return.

Can you clarify the exact legality regarding my possession of sex toys while passing through customs?

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration on this very personal matter.

Ayosh.

ayosh

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply, however I'm after the actual legal status that can be presented to customs if I was questioned, not anecdotes about "some guy on TV".

Why bother? Because it's a large and expensive collection. Ordering new items from within the Philippines is considered importation and I have read reports of customs shaking down people who have ordered sex toys over the internet.

I would hope that bringing used sex toys in is another matter.

Please feel free to give more details on the precise nature of the TV report you're referring to (commercial/non-commercial/unrelated/reason /etc) - I'm certainly very interested.

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Well! As you can see what's all the topic on this site, yours is quite odd! So I haven't got any information for you in that sense I'm afraid!
Be careful if you are married in Philippines your husband might sue you for an adultery! Shocked Kidding! Laughing
I only know that bringing personal effects depends how old it is and how much it is, you need to show receipts proving how long ago you bought it. My friends brought all sort of personal effects and they've got such a shock! Although it's all used, the customs still charged them lump sum of money around $2,000. What a Face

ayosh wrote:
Why bother? Because it's a large and expensive collection. Ordering new items from within the Philippines is considered importation and I have read reports of customs shaking down people who have ordered sex toys over the internet.

I would hope that bringing used sex toys in is another matter.

Please feel free to give more details on the precise nature of the TV report you're referring to (commercial/non-commercial/unrelated/reason /etc) - I'm certainly very interested.

attyLLL

afaik, there is no law prohibiting importation, possession and ownership of such items. unfortunately, you might encounter some moralistic customs official when you arrive, and/or you'll be suspected of starting an illegal sex show business.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

ayosh

Arresto Menor

Hello attyLLL,

Thank you very much for your courteous reply. It puts my mind somewhat to ease. Do you know where I could go or who I could ask to get a definitive answer to the question? I am happy to pay to have an answer from a qualified expert in the field.

I'm fine with dealing with a moralistic customs officer, however I'm not fine with dealing with police.

ayosh

Arresto Menor

Any interest from any lawyers here to be paid to write an official statement for me?

attyLLL

the safest way i can think of for you is to send it here via a balikbayan box with a proper declaration of what's inside.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

ayosh

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advice, it is very much appreciated.

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

lol! declare it? you're joking right? with Filipinoes mentality? they will make fun of you! My friend brought one and bring it back with her in Philippines inside her luggage that went through the hole! and exited at the as gate nothing to declare! Wink and she did it! what's the fuss?

Applicant101

Arresto Menor

Attorney!!!!help please!!!
When you applied on a marketing company and you were suprised that their products are sex toys, lubricants,dildols,vibrators and all the things for sex.Then your work is to market it online or promote online .Is it illegal here in philippines??Im I going to be in prison if we caught by the police??

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum