Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help, the mother in my birth certificate is NOT my biological mother---Im of legal age.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dark_Placebo

Arresto Menor

Hello po,

Need ko help nyo. Biological dad ko, may asawa na at 2 anak. Nagkaroon sya ng affair, ako naging bunga. Hindi ako ipinanganak sa hospital kungdi sa kubo lang.

Originally, ang birth cert ko included name ng dad at mom ko (both biological). Kaso since hindi ako tinanggap ng parents ng biological mom ko, inentrust niya ako sa dad and asawa. So, with consent, pumayag biological mom ko na palitan ang birth cert to remove her name and palitan. They also added a second name.

So, sa birth cert na naka register sa NSO, and ever since, lahat ng documents, etc, sss, ang mom ko ay yung Original na asawa ng dad ko.

Here's the thing, Im of legal age and I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE the details of my birth certificate. I love the mom who raised me and still consider her my "true" mother. In my passport and all IDs, it includes my mom's last name (not the biological mom), as well as my second name.

Do i need to do anything further ? Makakasuhan ba dad ko for forgery of documents ?

Also, Im applying for US visa, since i want to meet my biological mom. Im only applying for Tourist VISA.

Need help! Thanks po!

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional

so do you want to change it or not?

Dark_Placebo

Arresto Menor

I dont want to change it. My only concern is, I might get denied sa US VISA since ang birth certificate ko didnt include my biological mother.

Are there any other complications from this ?

lawyeranger

Prision Correccional

there seems to be a simulation of birth here really, yes he might be liable,
the process should have been...you must be registered in the name of your biological mother...then later adopted by your dad and supposed mom (who raised yo... in that manner, you could still prove that you were really the biological daughter of your mom in the US...
i guess you would really have a problem not, unless, you will declare before the US embassy that you were adopted already and just show your biological mothers invitation unto you

Dark_Placebo

Arresto Menor

may consent naman ung biological mom ko na palitan ung birth certificate. Unfortunately hindi na process ung "adoption" part.

Either way, sa US Visa app form, and nilagaya ko dun na father and mother ay ung parents na nasa birth certificate ko.

And of course, I would declare sa consul na biological mom ko ang purpose of visit ko, I wanted to see her for the first time.

Unfortunately, I really dont have any proof. Ive read that invitation letters for Tourist Visas has little bearing Sad

Dark_Placebo

Arresto Menor

sir, I tried my chances with NSO, and they delivered it to me today. I now have my original birth certificate (sobrang labo nga lang). It indicates my biological mom and dad.

How do i file a petition now to combine the two birth certificates ? I want the 2nd birth certificate (where my biological mom is not indicated) to be honored because thats the name Ive been using my entire life.

Thanks!

attyLLL

as of now, the law presumes that she is your one true mother.

the possible complication you may face later on is if you migrate and petition for her. countries like the USA require a dna test to ensure that the candidate is indeed a blood relative

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum