Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Payment of a court case.. Attny fee.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Empty Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Almondo

Arresto Mayor

Atty, please advise me...I was told that Attys in my town charge P30,000 Acceptance Fee... Now my Attny ask me for 20% of any amount I win.. Its a easy case of Non Performance Of Contract or Swindle. The amount is P3million..

2Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Empty Re: Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 pm

madammeatty

Arresto Menor

legally, a contingeny fee is allowed..it just all depends on the agreement of the client and the lawyer and the amount should be reasonable..if you feel that the amount is too high..then you can find other lawyers willing to accept your case.

3Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Empty Re: Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Almondo

Arresto Mayor

madammeatty wrote:legally, a contingeny fee is allowed..it just all depends on the agreement of the client and the lawyer and the amount should be reasonable..if you feel that the amount is too high..then you can find other lawyers willing to accept your case.
..... He has already filed my case,, can i still change to another Atty,,, will I have to pay another file fee?

4Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Empty Payment of a court case.. Attny fee Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm

legallyspeaking

Arresto Menor

Yes, you can change your lawyer even if he had filed your Complaint. Nonetheless, he would charge you for a fee that is commensurate with the services he had rendered. The new lawyer would probably ask for an acceptance fee and charge you with any other contingent fees, subject to your approval. Try to negotiate. There are lawyers out there who are not as greedy. As for the filing fee, there is no need to pay the court again.

5Payment of a court case.. Attny fee. Empty Atty'sfee Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 am

precyz

Arresto Menor

our lawyer was making it a habit to threaten me of withdrawing from the case, due to his mis understanding with my co plaintiff. I pay my share, right after each hearing. June 6 our last hearing this lawyer even encourages me to go on my plan trip abroad, and that he promise to take care of the case. then after a week, he threaten me again, and he says thru text messages that he will file his withdrawal to the court. The case is almost on its end. I already took my stand. I know this is a winning case, that i can prove everything we alleges. and he agree to that. There's no way he is withdrawing because this is a losing case, but of other cause. CAN HE DO THIS? July 4 is our next hearing, if he will make good his threat, I know where to complain about his act. My problem would be, what to tell the court, now that all my plan trip is set? Can I tell the court to wait for my return or wait till I get a new lawyer?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum