Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOATING STATUS W/O DUE PROCESS

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FLOATING STATUS W/O DUE PROCESS Empty FLOATING STATUS W/O DUE PROCESS Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm

mharbey23@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am a newbie.. I would like to ask for a legal advice.I work in a call center and the account that I was in had a financial problem so they need to have headcount reduction for supervisors.They based it on the YTD Stats of the supervisor and I saw my name listed 4th to the last as bottom performer. I am a regular supervisor however what they did,they picked me while the 3rd 2nd to the last bottom performers were not. They said it is because of performance. Never did I received any memos before, saying I was not performing, they just laid the YTD performance when there was headcount reduction. I told them, if they were able to give me a memo that I was not performing, I would agree for a corrective action if still I will not improve until final warning till termination, and I said, I will accept the termination if corrective actions were given without me still not performing after notifying me.As per HR, they said, process of elimination should be last in, first out meaning if you were last promoted then you'd be the first to be out regardless of stats, unless given a corrective actions from verbal warning to final warning then termination as last step if still not improving.I was the only regular supervisor who was part of the headcount reduction..We went to NLRC with my company's rep and had a hearing and the representative said "go ahead,file a position paper.We are following the procedure that your managers picked you to be on floating because of your stats.".I filed a position paper and my question is do i need to pursue the case? I was not given memos that i was not performing, I was a regular supervisor that should not be part of the reduction due to their process of last in,first out that they didn't follow. The representative said whatever the decision of managers were, that is what they're gonna follow since I was not performing. Pls help me understand. I am on a floating status and they offered me a job but they will not pay the days that I was on a floating status.What I want is to get the pay for those days that I was not working since I should not be part of the elimination process and will resign properly.And I told them, if they have given corrective actions then i will have time to improve and will not come up to this point.And now the account is ramping up again and hiring new agents and had tenured agents to work as a temporary supervisor with still agent rate while i am on a floating status.

I am hoping for a feedback please.

Last edited by mharbey23@gmail.com on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I added few words)

2FLOATING STATUS W/O DUE PROCESS Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS W/O DUE PROCESS Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm

attyLLL