Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CEO did not accept my resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CEO did not accept my resignation Empty CEO did not accept my resignation Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 pm

leeyon

leeyon
Arresto Menor

Nagtender po ako ng resignation from my post as Luzon Sales Manager with 10 Subordinates reporting to me po and pinirmahan at ni-receive naman po ng immediate superior ko (National Sales Manager) last 13 January, a Friday. Effectivity date po is 16 February, well over the 30-day notice as per our Labor Code. My reason, a "looming conflict of interest".

I was with a previous company po (Company Y) where I have small preferred stocks po. It was a part of my meager early retirement pay from years of earlier employment. Naiwan ko po iyon when I went to Maldives for a 10-month gig. Ngayon po pagbalik ko sa Pinas, nag-apply ako sa ibang company (Company X). Sinabihan po ako ng Company Y na kung gusto ko daw ma-reinstate yung stocks ko (sorry po baka mali yung term na ma-reinstate), I should work with them actively. And that they would give me additional preferred stocks. That they would also give back my company car.

Becasue I want to tend to my meager retirement pay, I need to resign na po from Company X. As I realized po na magkakaroon na ng conflict of interest at dahil kailangan ko na lang na mag-concentrate sa work na alam kong sa akin at family ko din ang magbe-benefit.

Nitong 17 Jan, pinag-report po ako ng CEO namin sa office niya and talked me out of my decision. Saying I need to be committed to the job in the same manner I vowed commitment when I applied for it. That I can attend to my investment in Company Y in another way but MUST not leave my post. Medyo parang coercive po yung kanyang mga pananalita at parang dinidikdik niya na i-utter or sagutin ko yung tanong niya na "PROMISE" na hindi ako aalis. That I can not disrupt the business. Parang pina-oo niya ako na labag sa loob ko po. Inabot niya po ang kanyang kamay at alangan naman nahindi ko tanggapin. Sabi niya, pinunit niya daw po ang resignation letter ko while ang katotohanan, nasa NSM pa po ang letter dahil that day lang sila nagkita sa office at hindi pa naiaabot ng NSM sa kanya.

Mas gusto ko pa din po mag-resign at ayoko nang maging empleyado habang buhay. I just want to tend to my stocks in Company Y and work for it.

Valid na po ba yung resignation ko dahil ni-receive or pinirmahan na ng NSM ng company? Or can I still pursue my resignation on the 16th without confirmation or approval from the CEO? My damages po ba silang pwedeng ikaso sa akin?

HELP! What can I do po?

2CEO did not accept my resignation Empty Re: CEO did not accept my resignation Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:45 pm

attyLLL

if you said yes inside that meeting, then that is a valid withdrawal of the resignation. if you want to continue with the resignation, my recommendation is that you hand another letter withdrawing the withdrawal, or safer, give another resignation letter with a new 30 days notice.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3CEO did not accept my resignation Empty Re: CEO did not accept my resignation Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:34 pm

leeyon

leeyon
Arresto Menor

Thank you so much, Attorney. On one hand, i did not actually uttered the word, "YES". But he interpreted my appreciation of his compliments to me as saying "YES". And I couldn't butt in then to state my reason for leaving as it was, in effect, a one-way communication.

Should things get out of hand and since the CEO did not accept my resignation, could I invoke Section 18-2 of the Bill of Rights on "involuntary servitude"?

Thank you so much.

Last edited by leeyon on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed to include some thoughts)

4CEO did not accept my resignation Empty Re: CEO did not accept my resignation Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm

attyLLL

the worst thing you can do is do nothing. you should clarify your position to management

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum