Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Previous Employer to recover SSS Maternity Benefit

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pisces78

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

I resigned from my employer February of this year. I got my clearance and my last pay after a few months. Yesterday I received an email from the clearance team that the internal audit team found that the SSS benefit afforded to me was not cleared by SSS and thus they will demand recovery of my SSS benefit. The documents according to them that were not submitted are the ff:

1. Certified True Copy of Operating Records (Histopath, etc)
2. Certified True Copy of Child's Birth Certificate

I sent them an email last night to clarify but since I believe it's holiday in the Philippines, I will just wait for their response by next week.

I would like to ask if I can refuse to pay back the SSS benefit accorded to me. I gave birth 1 yr and 11 months ago. I personally submitted all the documents required by HR within 1 month after I gave birth including my baby's death certificate. I am surprised that they only inform me of the said lacking documents now. They checked the documents I presented and they said everything's okay. I was even able to claim benefit from my previous company for the death of my son. I resigned a year after I gave birth and it's almost a year after I resigned. I am wondering if it really took this long for SSS to inform my previous employer of this or was there negligence on the part ofmy previous employer. Can I refuse to pay the P30,000 and just resubmit the documents? I am thinking that they lost my file.

Thank you so much!

attyLLL

I recommend you check with the SSS directly how you can fix this.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum