Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

legal basis for salary deduction for late and absences

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

isaganibaylon@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

may i ask your advise about legal basis for salary deduction due to tardiness and absences (in government employment)...tnx

clanwolf

clanwolf
Arresto Menor

well, the basic rule is no work no pay, in all places of employment. you are covered by the rules of the civil service. some tardiness or absences are offset by leaves allowed. deduction is only resorted to if no more leaves are allowed. and as a taxpayer, i fully agree with this. habitual absence and tardiness however, are meted not only deduction but penalties as well.

gherzy27

Arresto Mayor

you can find the answer in the omnibus rules on leave implementing Book V of EO 292 as well as CSC Memorandum Circular. For tardiness, there is no explicit provision that an employee will be deducted in his gross pay. However, under the CSC MC No. 16 and 17, employee incurring late in the morning and afternoon shall be meted the penalty of simple misconduct. You can get these circulars for your reference at csc.gov.ph or simply google it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum