Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absence in a regular holiday

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Absence in a regular holiday Empty Absence in a regular holiday Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Jaht

Arresto Menor

Need Help!
Earlier, We received a memo from our management that we need to report to work on our given schedule because it is a critical work week. Binigyan ako ng schedule sa December 31, 2011.

Schedule :
27-Dec Work
28-Dec Work
29-Dec Work
30-Dec Work
31-Dec Work
1-Jan Off
2-Jan Off

I work in a BPO company and I am on a graveyard shift, so ibig sabihin, I may not be able to celebrate New Year's eve with my family Crying or Very sad . Additionally, the last part of the said memo, stated "Failure to adhere may result to removal from the program and will be subjected to admin hearing".

My questions are...
1. Kung a-absent ako sa December 31, 2011, can I get fired? Ano ang laban ko sa ganitong sitwasyon?

2. I am a monthly-paid employee. If I will be absent on December 31, Will my salary be deducted on the next payout?

Sana po masagot agad itong post ko. I am sure na makakarelate lahat ng mga Call Center employees dito. Thanks!!

Last edited by Jaht on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : attached additional info)

2Absence in a regular holiday Empty Re: Absence in a regular holiday Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:52 pm

attyLLL

i don't recommend that you absent yourself. obviously, the company considers that time to be critical. it sucks, but you owe it to the company.

if you are absent on the 31st, your pay will be deducted for both 31 and 1, aside from the possible disciplinary action afterwards.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Absence in a regular holiday Empty Re: Absence in a regular holiday Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Jaht

Arresto Menor

Thank you atty.
But if ever they will use that against me, may laban ba ako??
And bakit naman po hindi mababayaan pati yung January 1 eh dayoff ko naman yun?

4Absence in a regular holiday Empty Re: Absence in a regular holiday Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:31 am

attyLLL

they can argue that you are also being paid because it's a holiday, and being absent before a holiday forfeits your entitlement to the holiday pay.

note, you won't be the first who wants a long weekend during this time of year and many companies suffer for it. if you don't want to face a disciplinary proceeding, i don't recommend you purposely absent yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum