Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

consequences for a respondent / witness?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1consequences for a respondent / witness? Empty consequences for a respondent / witness? Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:02 am

cheetoz15

Arresto Mayor

if the court issued a summon for a respondent or witness to appear in court and he doesn't show up. i know he can be held liable for it.

1.if yes, on what kind of charge?

2.will he be jailed for it?

3.how many times will the court give him to show
up?

4.is it the same charge for a respondent & witness?

boneslee

boneslee
Arresto Menor

1. Indirect contempt.

2. That depends: The law provides that the punishment for indirect contempt may be a fine OR imprisonment OR both.

3. That is discretionary upon the aggrieved court, thus there's no fixed time frame.

5. Yes, provided that the act/s falls squarely under the acts punishable by indirect contempt.

Jin

Arresto Mayor

good day atty,

regarding on the question above, what if the witness has an alibi saying that he/she has headache or LBM on that scheduled court hearing that's why he/she can't attend on that day? Will this be a valid reason? And if this is a valid reason,what if he/she used this every time there's a court hearing schedule? since the court hearing schedule is like every 2 to 4 months. Is this still a valid reason?

thanks in advance
jin

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

Is indirect contempt for all? even for the cops who are the complainants?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum