Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sub-lease vs Management Agreement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sub-lease vs Management Agreement Empty Sub-lease vs Management Agreement Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Hiflyer68

Arresto Menor

Do you know a good lawyer that can advise me regarding a lease dispute? I leased a shell hotel building a while back and invested a lot of money and hard work to renovate it.

However, because I live and work overseas, it was too much for me to manage by emails. So I hired a management company with a "Management Agreement" contract. The landlord sees our hotel is successful and would like to now take it back over. He is claiming the Management Agreement amounts to a sub-lease, prohibited by our lease contract. He threatens to eject us, but said he will settle if we pay him an amount that would basically leave us losing money.

I am not comfortable with the attorneys in our town, because I have had dealings with them before (loans not repaid to me) and it seems they are all connected and work with each other to drag out the cases, which they get paid appearance fees on. I could be mistaken.

I also would like to get the best attorney possible, for obvious reasons.

At a minimum, I’d like to get them to review the Management Agreement and the lease and advise me if there is indeed a breach of the lease. Of course I am willing to pay a reasonable fee.

My case is in Luzon, North of Manila. Please contact me or provide contact information if you know or are an attorney that specializes in this aspect of PHL Law and can refer me to some similar cases you won.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum