Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Lease Agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Lease Agreement Empty No Lease Agreement Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm

dong

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty:

Greetings in His Name!

This is about renting a house. We utilized the house for 'fellowship' or as a church for the past 8 years. Before we came in, the house was not occupied and was abandoned for at least 5 years due to perennial flooding concerns. The owner was forced to vacate the place and left it to their next-door neighbor to look into it. The place is in Maypajo, Caloocan area. In this place when high tide and a huge volume of rain goes together the result is flood. We have done some improvements to the place by dumping and elevating to a little of one meter to lessen the problem of flooding.

Sir, we have no "lease contract" from the beginning we occupied the property. We were brought here by a friend of the owner with the understanding that we pay the half amount of the supposed rental (very minimal) so that there is someone to take care of the property at the same time. From the start the owner knew that it will be utilized as a fellowship hall of our faith. The owner is a business man and their shop, according to him,suffered severe damage from the typhoon "Ondoy." This is their reason why they want to sell the house. We understand that their prospective buyers always decline to buy the property because there is a tenant of the aforementioned property.

Sir, we take time to know the "Rental Law of the Philippines." And their reason is not a ground for ejection! Their lawyer, according to him (owner), said, that they could do whatever they want because of the absence of any 'contract.' When I go over this law, I find it silent, or, this is no provision for renter without written contract. But from the time we paid our first monthly rental, I see to it that the owner signed our aknowledgment receipt for our monthly payments because he won't issue any receipt. My question is: "Can we seek refuge with this particular law though we have no existing written contract? Are we covered by the logic of this law being a renter?"

Atty, your help is greatly appreciated. We pray the Lord reward you with the goodness you would show to us. Thank you very much. God speed!

Yours truly,
(Ptr) C. V. D.

P.S. In our part, we also made efforts
until this time, to produce the
amount (1.6 million pesos)to
purchase the property. Thanks.

2No Lease Agreement Empty Re: No Lease Agreement Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:11 pm

attyLLL

sorry, rent control act presupposes you have a contract, and it applies only when the property is used as a residence. you're not in the right here.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum