Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do we need a CPA or attorney?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do we need a CPA or attorney? Empty Do we need a CPA or attorney? Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 am

AngelsRreal

Arresto Menor

We are currently living in the Jackson, MS Area. My husband inherited his family farm in Iowa in 2004.
He was living in Texas at the time. Until last year, we were not aware that, even though he was not living in Iowa
at the time, he still owes state tax on income generated from the farm. Now they are requesting schedules and w2's frfrom 2004-2007 for review.
Do I need a tax attorney to handle this or a CPA or both? Please respond. I have 30 days to respond to the state of
Iowa.
Thank you,

2Do we need a CPA or attorney? Empty Re: Do we need a CPA or attorney? Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:42 am

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

You need both..As this type of matter has both legal and accounting issues...look for a lawyer who is also an certifeid accountant so that you will be talking to one person only.This is more practical and convenient.

3Do we need a CPA or attorney? Empty Re: Do we need a CPA or attorney? Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 am

AngelsRreal

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum