Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

apartment contract problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1apartment contract problem Empty apartment contract problem Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:21 pm

domivicmarinick

Arresto Menor

The owner of the apartment issued a one year contract dated June 10, 2011 to June 10, 2012. The monthly rental is PHP 5,000. When I read the contract, I asked the owner if we can just make it a 6 month contract and just renew the contract every 6 months if we still like to stay in the apartment. The owner agreed and made a black and white handwritten agreement stating that the only changes that she will change are the dates, she made it June 15, 2011 to December 15, 2011. That is what written in her handwritten agreement. The following day, she told me that she will make the monthly rental PHP 5,500. I asked her what if we decided to stay for a year, she said it's okay but the monthly rental after December will be PHP 5,500. The one year contract was sealed and signed by an attorney. I just wanted to know what to do. I wanted to stay and use the one year contract with PHP 5,000 monthly rental but she insisted that she will make it to PHP 5,500. Please help. Thanks!

I look forward for the answer. thank you very much. God bless.

-domivicmarinick

2apartment contract problem Empty Re: apartment contract problem Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm

attyLLL

keep negotiating with your landlord, but you cannot compel her to agree after you rescinded your former contract.

did you sign the new contract?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3apartment contract problem Empty Re: apartment contract problem Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:30 pm

domivicmarinick

Arresto Menor

Attorney,

Hi, I'm the one who seek for free legal advise Philippines and I appreciate your time for answering my question. Thank you very much. May God repay you for your kindness.

I have a follow up question, yes I signed her handwritten contract stating the changes she made are only the dates. I signed the contract because there's no indication about the change of amount regarding monthly rental, that she will add 500 to it. If she indicate that to the letter, I should have not signed that handwritten contract. I asked her to disregard her handwritten contract (the signatures there are only mine and hers) but she refused. I assumed she offered the apartment to others for 6k or 5,500.

Additional information:

I started renting the apartment last June 2010, she just issued the one year contract on my fourth month of stay.

She's not issuing receipts. I'm the one issuing receipts to her every after I pay the monthly rental of 5k.

We still dont have our own meter for our water consumption until now, the electric meter was installed on our fourth month of stay, quite contrary on what she promised before we started renting.

I don't know if this will affect anything, I just want you to know attorney. May you continue to answer my questions. Looking forward for your answers sir.
Thanks and God bless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum