Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract and terms problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contract and terms problem Empty Contract and terms problem Mon May 29, 2017 10:25 am

gernology

Arresto Menor

Good day. I want to ask about my partner's problem in Qatar. She had worked there for about 5 months as a General Cleaner and she was able to experience things that are not stated in her contract and now things are getting hard for her. Example of the things that are stated in her contract for working as a general cleaner but not followed are free water supply, insurance, health card, basic wage of 1,500 Qatar real (they're being paid for 1,200 Qatar real ), optional overtime ( they were forced to take overtimes ), sick leaves, clean and refurbished accommodations, deduction of wage is not base on their basic wage, and are force to work with different field of job without being paid for it. ( taking care of the children, cooking food for them, picking up the children after school ). And with that being done by their employer, it seems that the management had already committed a breach of contract. I want to ask if the agency that helped them to work in Qatar is also affected with the breach of contract and what can we do to help my partner?

please help me

2Contract and terms problem Empty Re: Contract and terms problem Mon May 29, 2017 10:48 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Is there a branch of the agency there in Qatar?

She should go there and complain. She could also ask the help of the Philippine Embassy where she is, because I am sure the liaison office of the POEA is there, unless it is housed in a separate facility.

3Contract and terms problem Empty Re: Contract and terms problem Mon May 29, 2017 11:03 am

gernology

Arresto Menor

There's no branch of the agency there in Qatar. the Only branch of the agency is here in Iloilo, Philippines.

She's too scared to go to the Philippines embassy to think of what might the Qatari would do to her. And we've already ask the agency for help. however, they're still siding with the company where my partner is working for. Can you please tell me what would be the best thing to do in this kind of case except going to the embassy.

4Contract and terms problem Empty Re: Contract and terms problem Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

That's the only thing she can do as of the moment, because the persons here have no jurisdiction over what goes on in Qatar. I suggest that she read the terms and conditions of her contract very carefully because I am sure that in cases of emergencies and exigencies, there are exceptions to some of the terms of payment or rendering of overtime. As for scope of work, there is usually a clause that states that the employee shall perform ALL the tasks that the employer asks of her, as long as these tasks are not ILLEGAL.

If she wants, she could pre-terminate her contract and come home and file a case against the agency here in the Philippines. She could win. She could lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum