Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment denied

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annulment denied Empty Annulment denied Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:53 pm

i_peace

Arresto Menor

After 7 years of being separated from my husband i decided to file an annulment so i can finally move on and remarry someday. But unfortunately it was denied. I was very disappointed with my lawyer. I don't think he did his best. Because my husband didn't even attend any of the hearings, kahit lawyer lang niya wala. Can the petition be denied even if the respondent does not attend the hearings? What can be the possible reasons why it was denied?

Since the decision has already been made, does that mean there's no more chance for my marriage to be null and void? No way of getting married in the future?

Thanks in advance

2Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 pm

attyLLL

you can still file an appeal within 15 days from receipt of your lawyer. what grounds did you cite? psycho incapacity?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 pm

i_peace

Arresto Menor

yes psycho incapacity. if i appeal for MR what are the chances? any advice? i have no confidence with my lawyer anymore =(

4Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

i_peace

Arresto Menor

If my ground does not suffice as psychological incapacity, what more should i present the court for filing MR? Its really impossible for me and my husband to get back together, the love and respect is all gone, he always drinks, gambles, plus he has no job ever since we got married. Up to now he still has no job, He only gets his money from his parents. by the way we have a child, who is now a teenager,and according to my daughter he still does the same vices. How can he provide and save his marriage when he can't even fix his own life. pls i need your advice. i need to know what will happen if i appeal?

5Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

i_peace

Arresto Menor

If my ground does not suffice as psychological incapacity, what more should i present the court for filing MR? Its really impossible for me and my husband to get back together, the love and respect is all gone, he always drinks, gambles, plus he has no job ever since we got married. Up to now he still has no job, He only gets his money from his parents. by the way we have a child, who is now a teenager,and according to my daughter he still does the same vices. How can he provide and save his marriage when he can't even fix his own life. pls i need your advice. i need to know what will happen if i appeal?

6Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:54 pm

attyLLL

sorry, but if you have your own lawyer, you really should discuss this with him.

I would focus on the steno notes to see if there was sufficient evidence to prove psycho incapacity.

you only get one chance with annulment; if it fails, there is no take two.

7Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:39 am

i_peace

Arresto Menor

ok...last question...the reasons i cited above...do you think those were not sufficient enough for annulling my marriage? In your own opinion lang po...

8Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:46 pm

attyLLL

again, i'm sorry, but our rules of ethics require that you should discuss this with your own lawyer.

9Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am

i_peace

Arresto Menor

oh ok, sorry. binitawan ko na po yung lawyer ko, and im looking for a new lawyer who can help me. one of the reasons din po why it was denied, 1. because i wasn't able to reply daw po dun sa counter affidavit the respondent submitted, which i didn't know that i have to, and 2. there was a collusion daw, because the respondent withdrew after he submitted his counter-affidavit, which wasn't true, we're not even in good terms.

pasencya na po atty if i have so many questions. im running out of time and i still can't decide if i should appeal for MR =( it will cost me to get a new lawyer. I'm really thankful that you have a forum like this where we could seek free legal advice.

10Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:42 am

attyLLL

it won't be too difficult to argue against collusion, but my main concern is whether there was sufficient evidence to prove psycho incapacity existed before the marriage, that it was incurable and it keeps the couple from performing the basic obligations of marriage. sent you a pm

11Annulment denied Empty Re: Annulment denied Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:26 pm

dr.manhattan

Arresto Menor

I am curious of what happened to your case after. Did you file for MR? How much more time did it take?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum