Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meal periods

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meal periods Empty Meal periods Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 pm

neraksyrhk

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Just wanted to ask what are the rules for giving meal periods for RESTDAY OVERTIME. As for my knowledge, just like your normal working day if you're working 9hrs, there should be 1hr not paid LUNCH, and there should be short periods of rest within the paid 8 working hours.

Let's say I availed 4hrs OT, should I get at least a short break of 15mins?

And if I rendered 8 full hours? Won't I get 1 hour lunch in the middle so I'll render 9hrs in total? Then 2 short breaks?

My company doesn't give any breaks for 8hrs OT. So if we render 1 day OT, we will not take any breaks for 8 hrs, just bio breaks. If work will not permit, even bio breaks are prohibited. Sad

Do we have a right to call the attention of the HR if its really part of their process? Is it just to do this? NO breaks for 8hrs??

Thank you in advance and looking forward to you response.

2Meal periods Empty Re: Meal periods Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm

attyLLL

you are correct. what you can do is report the matter to DOLE and hopefully they'll send someone to confirm and investigate.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum