Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

procedures in annulment of marriage in the philippines

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

loraine

Arresto Menor

I am an overseas filipino worker. I want to ask what are the procedures in annulment of marriage in the Philippines. I am 25 years old. I married my boyfriend when I was 20 years old. Nagtanan po kami. we did not secure the consent of our parents when we married in the province. In fact, my parents hate my boyfriend. Is our marriage annullable? Now I want to inquire about the procedures for annulment of marriage in the Philippines because I have no idea. thanks

fbsensei

fbsensei

Loraine, do you intend to have your marriage annulled because your parents hate your boyfriend? This is a highly technical area, hence, i suggest you consult your attorney to determine if you have valid grounds.

loraine

Arresto Menor

no sir. I want my marriage annulled because my parents did not give parental consent when I was married. I was still 20 years old that time and now that im abroad, I hear news that my husband is having an affair with somebodyelse

joker

joker
Arresto Mayor

you can have your marriage annuled on the ground of Lack of parental consent.
A petition for annulment of marriage may be filed by a contracting party whose parent, or guardian, or person exercising substitute parental authority did not give his/her consent, w/in 5 years after attaining the age of 21 unless after attaining the age of 21, such party freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife.

You were 20 years when you got married and you did not secure your parents' consent. Your 25 right? that means you still have time to file an annulment unless after attaining the age of 21, you freely cohabited with the other as your husband

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum