Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

validity of marriage if other party's annulment to previous marriage to a Japanese is not completed.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bituin

Arresto Menor

my brother got married to a filipina here in the Philippines through an agency.this agency was the one who fixed all the papers from his marriage to his visa going back to Japan.the wife was still using her Japanese last name.we asked the agency then if that would be OK and the agency said that they will take care of it and the marriage will be registered.n
after two years of marriage my brother decided to separate from the wife.now he wants to get it done however he was told that it was possible that their marriage is null and void because the wife told my brother and some friends mediating that the annullmenb from her previous marriage was not completed.
I need your advise on where should my brother start.My brother and his wife are both in Japan but the agency who wedded them is here in the Philippines.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Your brother needs to secure proof that there was indeed a first marriage entered into by his wife in Japan by getting a certificate of marriage and the copy of Japan's laws that prove that the marriage entered into by his wife was in accordance with Japan's laws. Such laws must be authenticated by the Japanese embassy in the Philippines and must be presented in court by your lawyer in order for him to file a petition for nullity of marriage on said ground.

Hire a lawyer who specializes in family law and international law to represent you in court and for him to file the necessary petitions in behalf of your brother.

Good luck.

bituin

Arresto Menor

thank you for your reply. can he file for nullity while he is in Japan?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Not yet, since he needs to provide his lawyer with the documents I mentioned in my previous post before he can file for such with his lawyer. His lawyer needs to have a basis in filing for the nullity of the marriage and he cannot just simply file a case without documents and evidences backing the case up.

bituin

Arresto Menor

after he gets all those documents can he file for a nullity while he is there? or does he have to be here since they got married here in the phils?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

He may be able to do so via a special power of attorney granted by him to his hired lawyer. I am not sure about this, though, since I am not a lawyer yet.

Please consult with a lawyer to get more authoritative answers.

bituin

Arresto Menor

thank u.I appreciate your time.I will let my brother know.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Happy to be of help, with what little I know.

May your case be given the resolution it deserves in accordance with our pertinent laws and jurisprudence!

bituin

Arresto Menor

I hope so too.the wife had been in three separations already and she is far older than my brother. she knows a lot more than we do so we had to seek for insights ahead of what she may have against my brother.thank u for the help.I hope you can answer my questions again once the matter progresses.

I appreciate ur help.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

I would hope that the lawyer that you will hire will be competent enough to answer all your legal queries for you, since that is part and parcel of his duties as your lawyer.

Still, feel free to post your questions here and I will do my best to answer it, with what little I know of the law.

Good luck.

bituin

Arresto Menor

thank u

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum