Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adding Japanese Name to a Marriage Certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kdequina

Arresto Menor

Good day Sir/Madam!

I just like to ask what are the requirements if my mother-in-law which is now in Japan would like to clarify/add her Japanese Name to their Marriage certificate (MC) issued at Paranaque. She was born in Japan with a Japanese mother and a Filipino father, that made her a Japanese citizen but was only issued a Japanese passport last October 2006 but with her Japanese name only (YOKO UEMATSU) She was married to a Filipino year 1981. Their Marriage Certificate indicate only her Filipino name (LUCIA U. NARTE) and a wrong nationality (supposed to be Japanese) She would like to change her name to LUCIA YOKO UEMATSU NARTE & her nationality since it's the only issue there in their embassy because she's having hard time getting her daughter and husband here. My father-in-law was quite confused becaused he was advised by the Local Registrar to look for a lawyer. We have zero ideas when it comes to legalities of their MC: what kind of lawyer we have to look for and how long will it take. Please help us...thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum