Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NSO Cenomar and Advisory of Marriage did not show previous "marriage"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

robmanx

Arresto Menor

I met my wife in the Phils 2 years ago in 2010, and we got married in 2011. We got the Cenomar from NSO, got married by a minister, got the marriage certificate. My wife also got the Advisory of Marriage (AOM)for visa purposes to join me and all was well until the embassy is now saying there was a "misrepresentation of civil status" when she submitted the AOM cuz background checks found she was married in 2004 to someone else...she admitted to me that yes, they went to civil ceremony but she left after 2 months after she was being abused by the guy...and later had threats to her family. My question is, how come this "marriage" didn't show up in Cenomar and AOM? To me she was single as per Cenomar, no?

attyLLL

the cenomar is only presumed to be correct, but can be disproven by the existence of another marriage certificate.

the answer why it didn't show up might be found in the first marriage contract. what they look at are matches in name, birth date, place of birth, parents, etc.

sorry to bring it up, but there might be misrepresentation on the part of your wife.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

saigian

Arresto Menor

atty pag po ba misrepresentation of civil status sa passport nbi at phil health liable po ba ang husband ko dahil lahat po ng documents nya na recent lang po niya kinuha ay single kahit na kasal po kami. can i sue him po for using single status? saan po ako pwede pumunta atty please help me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum