Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Divorce in Japan

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Divorce in Japan Empty Divorce in Japan Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 am

gendo

Arresto Menor

hi, I really need help on this matter. I've browsed everywhere and can't find the same case as this. I hope you can help me. This is my issue. My girlfriend is divorced in Japan by mutual consent. Her ex was a Japanese and they got married in Japan at a City hall. My question is this. Since, we want to get married here in the Philippines, if her NSO records shows that she is still single, does it excuse her from the law? Can she be charged with bigamy or not? And what are the chances, given her divorce in Japan was by mutual divorce, suppose she will petition for recognition of foreign divorce, that our courts here would grant her right to remarry? will it ever be granted? how long is the process and how much would it take? I hope you could help us. Thanks!

2Divorce in Japan Empty Re: Divorce in Japan Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:01 pm

attyLLL

you would be taking a very high risk if you get married because the divorce has no effect until it is recognized in court.

A properly evidenced and documented petition will normally be granted, and it takes about 1 year.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum