Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Part-time job with minimum wage. May income tax ba?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jovencio

Arresto Menor

Hello po. I'm a working student. I just got employed in a call center. My rate is P69.00 per hour, 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. The payroll dept said it should still be taxable since they based our rate from the basic pay of regular employees which is 12K a month. In the contract we signed, it didn't specify that we are part timers and the basic pay listed is 12K. They said they are new in offering part time jobs so they are not sure. confused

attyLLL

interesting question. i have not come across any tax ruling on part-time workers who are earning less than minimum a day. but the tax should be at most, based on what you will actually receive in the taxable year and not based on a salary that you do not receive.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Jovencio

Arresto Menor

Thank you. That's what we have been trying to tell them. So far they have not got back to us with an answer yet since they said they will check it out with their legal dept. Sad I hope we will be exempted.

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

current rulings is that minimum wage earner do not pay taxes..so much more below minimum..Your employer might fishing out from you..

Jovencio

Arresto Menor

Hi, thank you for the response. It has been almost a year and I am still with the company. I tried to raise it to them again and I got the same answer. They say I am in the 12K a month bracket which makes my salary taxable and that I am not a below minimum wage earner because I choose to work only 5 hours a day. Calculating per hour, minimum wage is 57/hour while I earn 69/hour. Tama po ba confused

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum