Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

secret marriage

+3
zharlot19
attyLLL
abyghale
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1secret marriage Empty secret marriage Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:27 am

abyghale

Arresto Menor

hi..wanna ask or seek some info regarding secret marriage..me and my bf wants to go on a secret marriage because may bf is going 22 only student in short have no stable work..im 25 and have a job..my parents is not agree in our relationship.because of his status.

secret marriage is valid?i min it is registered in nso?(no back-out)it will reflect in our papers?

thanx

2secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:49 pm

attyLLL

you're already 25, not 19. why make this secret? go line up at city hall with your cenomar and birth certificate, and other requirements and get a proper marriage license.

if you go through a fixer, they might screw it up and it becomes void.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:07 am

abyghale

Arresto Menor

thanks for your advice...

But my parents will actually didn't agree with my plan.first,my mom doesn't like my bf because of his status in living and I'm the breadwinner in the family.actually were 3 siblings but my older sister have own family already and my younger brother is in abroad..I'm the one who look after with my parents also with theirs needs. And to be honest my bf is not stable he's only a student for technical course now..

This is our plan.. we want to get married but we were not planning to stay together for now because of that situation.

What will we do?

Thank You!

4secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:17 pm

zharlot19

Arresto Menor

There is no such thing as "secret marriage". It is based on Family Code of the Philippines. Tinatawag lang natin itong Secret marriage dahil ayaw natin ito ipaalam sa iba. Nevertheless, it is Valid and called as Civil Marriage. Smile

5secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:28 pm

zharlot19

Arresto Menor

The father of my kids went in that situation. They were secretly married,but didn't lived together, never had a child and yet they still didn't end up together and it took 9 years before na annul ang marriage nila... Surprised

6secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:01 pm

attyLLL

abyghale, you have every legal right to get married openly, not secretly. your parent's objections are not legal basis to stop you from getting married. if you're not going to live together, can I just caution you not to do it until you smooth everything out because marriage is irreversible.

7secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 am

Arean

Arresto Menor

I just don't get it of rushing into something so permanent. Marriage is a serious stuff, and once you are in there, it would be costly to get out. Think it over. If the man can wait for you to put things in order,and if he is ready to take all the responsibilities of a married man, then that's the right time for you to get hitched. For now, everything seems everywhere. Smooth everything out and talk it over.

8secret marriage Empty secret marriage Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 pm

totalpackage

Arresto Menor

Hi, my boyfriend and I wants to get married, but because he's a foreigner and im still 21 we want it to be secret first. my parents are already old and they want me to settle down already but one of my sister is against in our plan. My boyfriend is still in the u.s but he wants to know some requirements and the things that we have to do first so we can have secret marriage.

Thank you very much for your legal advice.

9secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:43 pm

attyLLL

your recourse will be to go to fixers and undergo illegal process. i recommend you go through the proper process considering your parents are not against the marriage.

10secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Renaj

Arresto Menor

Hi atty., ask ko lang po kung sa secret marriage mag appear na sa papers ko yung surname ng magiging husband ko.. Mapapalitan na ba sa records yung surname ko ?
Please po pakisagot.. Thank you in advance Smile

11secret marriage Empty Re: secret marriage Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:21 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Renaj wrote:Hi atty., ask ko lang po kung sa secret marriage mag appear na sa papers ko yung surname ng magiging husband ko.. Mapapalitan na ba sa records yung surname ko ?
Please po pakisagot.. Thank you in advance Smile

"Secret Marriage" is also the usual marriage. ang pagkakaiba nga lang ay hindi alam sa inyo or limited lang ang tao na nakakaalam. Kapag nagpakasal kayo, dadalin mo na ang pangalan nya. at obligado na mamuhay bilang mag-asawa.

Think about it 100x bago sumoung sa isang obligation na hindi sigurado. the moment you signed that contract, it will be very difficult na makawala pa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum