Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Marriage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Secret Marriage Empty Secret Marriage Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:54 pm

brighteyes20

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.,

I got married when I was 23 years old and my ex-husband was 30 years old. I believe that I am at the right age that time so I decided without the knowledge and consent of my parents and he does the same too.

The private ceremony witnessed by our 2 friends and held at Solemnizing Judge Office in Quezon City on February 5, 2005 but appears in the marriage contract April 5, 2005. Is it Valid Atty?

I know that there is no such thing as “Secret Marriage” but I believe and in my knowledge that it’s a secret with a contract and expirations.
Since we got married on 2005 we never lived together in one house like an ordinary husband & wife. He will just come to visit me in my mother’s house and he will go because he is not allowed to sleep in our house.

After a year, I decided to break up him because I have planned to go abroad. He asked me to stay the country, so I stayed. Since I am the eldest of three I have to help my mom about the studies of my brother and my sister and for the other expenses.

It was year 2007 when my father died. I decided to finally broke up the relation and continue my application abroad.

March 2008 when I leave the country, since then I did not communicate with him till I went back home last April 2011 for 2 weeks vacation. He came in our house to visit and to talk about the situation and I am really decided. He agreed but I have to answers all the expenses.

From 2005 till May 2011, no one of my family knows about what I did till the time that I have to tell it to my mother last June 2011 because I really want to get married and to have my own family to my 3 years boyfriend.

October 10, 2011 when I converted in Muslim because of my boyfriend and also because I became open about Muslim religion and I found that it is the right religion because they believe in one god.

Please find below the following concerns:
1. Is my marriage from the start is valid atty.?
2.Since I am now a muslim atty.Should I file a divorce or annulment?
3. Do i have to file it here abroad or in Philippines?
4. How long does it take to finish?
5. Can u give me any contact person so i can deal with him.

I know that I am in a complicated situation and I am seeking for your help and advice Atty..

I am looking forward attorney to hear from you soon.

Thank you so much in advance.

2Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 pm

attyLLL

i am not familiar with sharia law so i don't know how it will apply to your first marriage. but your first marriage is considered valid until proven other wise.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 pm

brighteyes20

Arresto Menor

Please let me know what is the best thing to do?

How much it will cost for my annulment and how long it will take?

Please advise.

4Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:35 pm

attyLLL

you should inquire with a sharia lawyer. i would think that divorce will be the best route.

5Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm

brighteyes20

Arresto Menor

hi atty.!any referral who can handle my case!

Appreciated.

6Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:14 pm

attyLLL

inquire within the muslim community

7Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:00 pm

brighteyes20

Arresto Menor

Atty. just in case i will file the annulment instead of divorce, is it valid?

thanks.

8Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:44 am

akosya

Arresto Menor

hi..tanong ko lang po kasi ung kapatid ko po nagpa secret marriage sa bataan pero hindi po nila pinapasok pa ang papel kasi po naka petition po kasi kami papuntang US,1 year na po mahigit silang kinasal sa bataan,sila po ba talaga ang magpapasok ng papel or yung nagkasal sa kanila?,tsaka kung after 1 year na po ung secret marriage valid pa rin po ba ito?sabi po kasi nila mawawalang bisa daw po yun kasi expired na? may ganun po ba talaga? at hindi po ba malalaman sa US embassy yun?thank u po Smile

9Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:59 am

attyLLL

brighteyes, if you were married under islamic law, i believe that law will apply as to dissolution of your marriage.

akosya, marriage does not expire. and registration is not required for its validity. they can file a late registration, and i believe the US embassy can find out.

10Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:15 am

akosya

Arresto Menor

dear atty,
Thanks po..so sa madaling salita po hindi na makaka alis ang kapatid ko?,kasi ang petition po sa amin unmarried son/daughter..naniniwala naman po ako na matutuklasan din po ng US embassy yun..yun nga lang hindi nakinig ang kapatid ko,kasi ang akala po nila na pag sinabing secret marriage,walang makaka alam kahit SINO,kaya hindi rin po pinapasok pa ang papel kasi nga po aantayin muna ang petition na dumating..pero hindi ko nga po alam kung nagsasabi ng totoo ang kapatid ko nung tanungin ko sya tungkol sa pagpasok ng papel nila,ang sagot nya lang sa akin,mawawalang bisa na daw yun kasal nila kasi kailangan daw nilang i renew after 1 year..nagtataka nga po ako na kung may ganito ba talagang sistema? maraming salamat po at malaking tulong po ang advise nyo.. Smile

11Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:11 pm

attyLLL

they should not have placed false statements on the application. marriages do not need to be renewed.

12Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 pm

brighteyes20

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.,

Please let me know where i can contact you aside from here. I need to inquire about your fees, etc...

13Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:10 pm

attyLLL

you can contact me at attylllaw (at) gmail.com

14Secret Marriage Empty Re: Secret Marriage Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 pm

shoann16

Arresto Menor

How to have a secret marriage?pls. answer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum