Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

giving birth and BC issue.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1giving birth and BC issue. Empty giving birth and BC issue. Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 pm

moosh

Arresto Menor

atty, im giving birth this september. i am not married with my child-to-be's father. may magiging problem ba kami sa pag file ng birth certificate ng child-to-be? we both agreed na makukuha yung surname nung father, pero paano yung pag fill-up nun ng birth certificate. illigetimate na ba un child namin pagka ganun? mas makakabuti ba kung ikasal na kami bago ako mag give birth? thank you!

2giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm

attyLLL

if you're not sure about getting married, don't. what i recommend for my clients is that the child be named after the mother, but the father will issue a separate affidavit of acknowledgment. that way, if you and the father split, the child will still have the affidavit as proof of filiation, and you won't have the problem of not having a different surname as your child.

if you eventually marry, your child will be legitimated

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:35 pm

moosh

Arresto Menor

we are planning to get married but not this year, next year probably. with this case, what can you advice? we are open to be married earlier than planned if it is what's best for us and for the baby. But ofcourse, if there's no issue when we delay our marriage, we choose to delay it next year.

you said my child will be legitimated when we get married, is it automatic or we still have to file something for this process?

Thank you very much!

4giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 pm

moosh

Arresto Menor

and one more thing, in case we get married, is it illegal to use my 'single' name in different gov't issued ID? Driver''s license, passport, etc.? thank you!

5giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 pm

attyLLL

my advice is still my recommendation. you can see from the numerous posts here of mothers asking how to revert the names of their illegitimate children.

yes, you can still use your maiden name

6giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:29 pm

moosh

Arresto Menor

you said my child will be legitimated when we get married, is it automatic or we still have to file something for this process?

7giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:32 pm

attyLLL

you have to file a copy of the marriage certificate at the civil registrar to process the legitimation.

8giving birth and BC issue. Empty Re: giving birth and BC issue. Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm

moosh

Arresto Menor

thank you very much! you've been a big help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum